Yes it is that time of the year again! We are at the part where some of us are allowed time off to relax and enjoy the holidays. Lets get some of the important things out of the way.
From Saturday the 15th of December 2018 to Monday the 7th of January 2019 the 09:00, 11:00 and 14:00 will only be traveling from Wild Coast Sun to Margate and take the freeway to Port Shepstone to skip traffic.
The 10:00 and 13:30 will also only be doing the route from Durban to Port Shepstone and will be taking the freeway to Margate.
Monday the 24th of December there will be no 14:00 and 18:30 services.
Tuesday the 25th of December there will be no services on Christmas Day.
Monday the 31st of December the 14:00 and 18:30 services will not be traveling.
Tuesday the 1st of January 2019 the 06:00 and 10:00 services will not be traveling.
Important things to remember this holiday season.
Driving & Vehicle Safety
- DO – carry a cell phone in case of an emergency, or to report suspicious activity and crimes.
- DO – maintain your car in good working order to avoid breakdowns (eg. gas tank is full)
- DO – be extra cautious when driving alone or at night.
- DO – check the vehicle interior before entering to make sure no one is hiding there.
- DO – travel on populated well-lit routes.
- DO – try to stay in a group when approaching your vehicle.
- DON’T – exit or approach your vehicle if suspicious people are in the immediate area.
- DO – keep all vehicle doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car.
- DO – ask for an escort to your vehicle if security is available when leaving at night, alone or if you’re uncomfortable.
- DO – be aware of your surroundings at all times. Criminals often target people who are distracted or preoccupied.
- DO – minimize shopping at night or alone.
- DO – avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- DO – avoid carrying large amounts of cash. When possible keep cash in your front pocket or an inside pocket.
- DON’T – keep a wallet, credit cards or cash in a backpack. Carry a wallet in your front pants pocket or coat breast pocket. The rear pants pocket is the easiest to pick.
- DO – carry your purse close to your body, and in front where you can see it. Place one end in the palm of your hand and the other in the bend of the elbow. Cover the clasp or flap with your hand or forearm.
- DON’T – carry open–weave bags or purses without flaps or zippers.
- DON’T – overloading yourself with packages. Maintain clear visibility and freedom of motion.
- DO – beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. “Con-artists”
We wish everyone a safe holiday season, a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!